Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cool Steampunk Stuff

A short column today, but some cool stuff to look at. Here is a link to the Ten Coolest Steampunk Gadgets Ever. The item I've shown above, one of my personal favorites, is actually number 6 on the list -- a Steampunk USB thumb drive. The list has a couple computers as well, some action figures -- you name it. It's a great illustration of how Victoriana is a wonderful springboard for imagination. I've written about Tesla several time, but for a good reason. He remains emblematic of the spirit of this period. Anything was possible, and they didn't mean in a hundred years -- they meant as soon as they could bolt it together in the workshop and iron out a few kinks.

Check out the link and have fun.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved these. Now I want to craft USB stick holders! Thanks for posting the link. :)
    P.S. Good luck with all the new stuff. I'm a big fan of the GDW Space 1889 hardback rules.

    ReplyDelete